Max. Output: 33.2 kVA 39.5 kVA 40.0 kVA 42.0 kVA
Typical Load: 115.0 A* 44.0 A** 126.0 A*** 44.1 A****
Cylinders: 4 4 4 4
Cubic Capacity: 3,769 cc 3,769 cc 3,769 cc 3,769 cc
Fuel: 8.5 Lt/Hr 8.2 Lt/Hr 9.2 Lt/Hr 9.4 Lt/Hr
The BetaSet / Genset 40 is available as standard as:
- 4 Pole 50Hz Standard voltage is 230v Single Phase – 400v 3 Phase @ 1,500 rpm.
- 4 Pole 60Hz Standard voltage is 127/254v Single Phase – 440v 3 Phase @ 1,800 rpm.
All are available with either Heat Exchanger, Keel or Radiator Cooling.
We can supply most electrical voltages and frequencies between 120 volt single phase to 415 volt 3 phase, additionally we can also build to bespoke individual specifications.
- The BetaSet / BetaGen 40 is only Stage II compliant and cannot be used on European canals, rivers nor the Rhine (CCNR), irrespective of the application. Otherwise it can be used in all unregulated applications/territories.
Common Standard Specification
- Beta Marine water cooled ‘Kubota’ based diesel engine, naturally aspirated, mechanically governed as specified above for operation in accordance with ISO 3046* for marine diesel generating sets.
- Heat exchanger cooling complete with cupro-nickel tube bundle and phosphor bronze end caps, sacrificial anode, fresh water and sea water pumps. Water cooled exhaust manifold, water injection exhaust bend, sump drain pump, fuel, oil, and air filtration. CE approved fuel supply & return flexible connection hoses or
- Keel cooled header tank & water cooled exhaust manifold, fresh water pump, dry exhaust outlet including exhaust elbow & flexible stainless steel bellows, sump drain pump, fuel, oil, and air filtration. CE approved fuel supply & return flexible connection hoses.
- 12 volt electric start system with 70 Amp battery charging insulated return alternator and stop solenoid valve.
- A combined start/stop, alarm and protection module is supplied loose with 3 metres of connection cable. The module includes: engine start and stop push buttons, an hours run meter and indicators with shutdown on fault for either low lubricating oil pressure or high coolant temperature. On insulated system push buttons are replaced with a key switch and separate hour counter is supplied.
- The Mecc Alte marine rated “generator” operates at 0.8pf and has a ventilated drip proof enclosure with IP 22 protection & single bearing construction. The generator is self-regulating, self-excited and is complete with terminal box and automatic voltage regulator. Suitable for operation in engine room temperatures of up to 45⁰C.
- Engine and generator are close coupled together and mounted on substantial steel feet with marine failsafe anti-vibration mountings to isolate the set from the vessels seating.
- Paint: The generating set is painted Beta Red for heat exchanger or Dark Brunswick Green for Keel cooled engines, the acoustic enclosures are off-white.
- Each generating set is “full load” tested in accordance with our quality document QA023.
- Tri-wall packed on a wooden base.
- Warranty: 12 months from date of commissioning or 18 months from date of despatch – whichever comes first and subject to the Warranty Terms and Conditions, section 17 within our General Terms and Conditions of Sale.
*For operation in ambient temperature of 45⁰C the output will be de-rated by 8%. Please contact Beta Marine for further information.